Drug & Alcohol Rehab Options Near St. Petersburg
Those who struggle with substance use often feel alone, but the truth is that millions of people throughout the world are currently living in recovery. With the right St. Petersburg addiction treatment, you too can break free from drugs or alcohol.
At Recovery First, our St. Petersburg drug and alcohol rehab can help you establish healthy behaviors and live free from active addiction. This guide will discuss the types of addiction treatment available in the area and how you can access the care you need.
Finding Addiction Treatment Near St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg is located in Pinellas County in Florida, and despite the regular sunshine, many residents experience challenges associated with substance misuse and addiction. For example, the Florida Department of Health reported that in 2019, nearly 21 percent of Pinellas county residents participated in binge drinking and that there were 546 accidental drug-related deaths in Pinellas county in 2020.2
Types of Addiction Treatment
At Recovery First, we work with you to determine what level or levels of addiction treatment are appropriate for your needs so that you can begin building a strong foundation in recovery.
We are please to offer a wide variety of treatment options, including:
- Medical detox: Medical detox in St. Petersburg, FL is a supervised process designed to help drugs or alcohol safely leave your system. It involves close monitoring and support from medical professionals who can provide medications, treatments, and therapies that are tailored to the individual’s needs.
- Inpatient treatment program: Inpatient treatment provides a supportive, structured environment that allows for 24-hour medical and emotional support, as well as individualized treatment plans which include counseling, educational programs, and medication management (if necessary).
- Outpatient program: Outpatient treatment can be essential in ensuring a successful recovery. Outpatient treatment consists of regular meetings and counseling sessions, usually occurring in the evening or early morning, to suit those who need to maintain school, family, or work schedules.
- Telehealth: Telehealth uses technology to provide remote medical and behavioral health services for those struggling with substance use. Telehealth services for substance use can be delivered through various platforms, including video conferencing, phone calls, text messaging, and mobile applications.
- Aftercare: Once you’ve finished treatment, it is important to maintain your progress and continue to build on it. Aftercare is an essential component of recovery, as it helps to maintain sobriety, prevent relapse, and address any ongoing needs.
How to Choose a Rehab Near St. Petersburg
Choosing the addiction treatment center that best suits your needs is extremely important, as your overall goal of seeking treatment is to achieve a successful recovery. Here at our inpatient rehab facility near St. Petersburg, we believe in offering top-tier amenities to keep all patients happy and comfortable during their stay, as well as evidence-based and supplemental therapies and specialized treatment tracks.
Some of the therapies that we utilize across our programs include the following:
- Individual and group therapies
- Behavioral therapies, such as cognitive and dialectical behavior therapies
- Family therapy
- Trauma therapy, including eye-movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Holistic therapy (e.g., art therapy, music therapy, mindfulness therapy, etc.)
- 12-Step meetings
We are also happy to provide specialized programs that can connect you with others who share in similar challenges so that you can support each other on the road to recovery. For example, our Veterans addiction program, Salute to Service, and our healthcare professionals program are offered to Veterans and first responders, who often have unique experiences and stressors because of the demands of their jobs.
We understand that when choosing which rehab you are going to attend, that cost can play a significant factor in your decision. To learn more about paying for addiction treatment or using insurance that covers rehab, contact us right now to be connected to a rehab admissions navigator. They will answer all the questions you have about finances, as well as anything else you would like to know.
How to Get to Recovery First
Getting to Recovery First is simple — our address is 4110 Davie Road Extension, Hollywood, FL 33024.
From Ft. Lauderdale, you can take Broward Blvd to I-95 S and then exit west onto the Port Everglades Expressway (I-595). Follow I-595 W until you reach the exit for US-441 S. Take US-441 S to Stirling Rd, and turn right on Stirling. Follow Stirling to the Davie Road Extension, where you’ll turn left. The recovery center will be on your left.
From Miami, take I-95 north and take the exit for the Florida Turnpike. Continue north to exit 12 A on the left to continue on the Turnpike, and then take exit 49 for Hollywood Blvd. Turn left on Hollywood Blvd and continue until N 72nd Ave, where you’ll turn right. Follow N 72nd until you turn right again on the Davie Road Extension. The center will be on your right.
- If you’re coming from another area of the state, just enter our address into the driving app you prefer to get the best route to our facility.
- If you’re coming from outside of Florida, we recommend you fly into the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, which is less than 20 minutes from our facility.
Are You Struggling With Addiction?
Local Drug & Alcohol Use Stats
- There were 8,093 fatal overdoses in 2021, and rates of overdose continue to climb
- EMS responded to more than 105,000 overdose cases in 2022
- Approximately 52,000 naloxone treatments were provided in 2022
- More than 11 million prescription drugs were dispensed in 2022
- There were roughly 68,000 drug arrests during 2020
- Alcohol was the fourth most common substance found in Florida decedents in 2021, with 718 decedents having this substance in their system at the time of death
Alcohol and drug misuse and addiction can have long-term legal and health consequences, including the possibility of death. When you get the treatment you need, you can break free and build a life you love.
We’re here to help. To get started on the path to recovery, contact our drug rehab in St. Petersburg today by calling .
- American Council on Historic Preservation (n.d.). St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Pinellas County Opioid Task Force. (2020-2022). Strategic Plan 2020-2022.
- Florida Department of Health. (2022). Substance Use Dashboard.
- Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office. (n.d.). Deputies release results of overnight Wolf Pack.
- Southeast Florida Rehab Guide
- Narcan for Opioid Overdose in Florida
- Outpatient Treatment in Florida
- Addiction Resources for Veterans
- How to Use Health Insurance for Rehab in Southern FL