Using Aetna to Pay for Addiction Treatment in Florida
Aetna health insurance is available for residents living in the state of Florida.1 You can receive in-network coverage for addiction treatment at local facilities, including Recovery First Treatment Center in Hollywood, FL.
In this article, you will learn the different types of addiction treatment that may be covered by your insurance and how to easily verify your benefits.
Does Aetna Offer Coverage for Substance Abuse Disorders?
Yes, Aetna Health should cover some or all of the treatment cost.
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) mandates that marketplace insurance provide certain essential benefits.2 As a part of this mandate, the government requires most insurance companies to cover mental health and addiction treatment, and a person should not be denied benefits based on a preexisting condition.3 This applies to most health insurance companies in Florida and the rest of the United States.
The specific amount of coverage per individual will vary based on different plan levels, tiers, and policies. Coverage also fluctuates based on location. For example, its local option for state residents that qualify for Medicaid is called Aetna Better Health of Florida.1
Filling out the will let you know if we accept your health insurance, and help you get started on the process of recovery.
Cost of Addiction Treatment with Aetna Coverage
Even if your insurance doesn’t cover all our treatment options, you will be given additional payment options to help defray the costs.
How Do I Use Aetna Insurance to Pay for Rehab?
Accessing your Aetna coverage in Florida is simple. You can register online to view your information and learn more about what your plan covers.
To create an online account, follow these steps:
- Visit the registration website portal here.
- Provide your member ID, name, date of birth, and zip code.
- Enter a unique username and password.
Once you have created an account, you can log on to Aetna’s member website anytime to check on your benefits, find out which providers are in-network, and more.
But if that sounds like a hassle and you want help immediately, contact us directly at . You can also fill out the form at the end of this article. In just a few minutes, we’ll send you an email with more details about your insurance and what types of treatment might be covered.
What Types of Rehab are Covered by Aetna Insurance?
The type of addiction treatment needed depends on several factors, such as the specific kind of substance being used, scope of addiction, and so on. Aetna’s in-network insurance plans cover a wide range of treatments for drug and alcohol use disorders in Florida, including:4
- Medically assisted detox—This type of treatment program assists with physical dependency and withdrawal symptoms.
- Inpatient or residential rehab—These rehab programs offer patients 24-hour supervised treatment for a chemical dependency. Once the person is stabilized, they may be ready to move to another form of treatment.
- Partial hospitalization program—This type of rehab involves several hours of programs during the day, and patients can go home at night.
- Intensive outpatient program—This is similar to a partial hospitalization program, but sessions typically meet in the evenings, several times a week for a few hours at a time.
Addiction is treatable.5 Seeking help through high-quality, evidence-based programs can help you or your loved one start the path to recovery.
To begin the process, simply fill out the form below, and someone will contact you shortly to answer your insurance questions.