Drug and Alcohol Rehab Information Near Tampa, FL
Nestled on Tampa Bay along Florida’s Gulf Coast, Tampa is one of the largest cities in the Sunshine State and one of the largest metro areas in Hillsborough County. With so many people, Tampa has thousands of residents who struggle with addiction and substance abuse.
If you or a loved one has lost control of their substance use, this page provides information on addiction treatment options near Tampa, what to consider when choosing a Florida rehab, local substance abuse statistics, and more.
Types of Addiction Rehab Programs Near Tampa
Our levels of care include:
- Often the first step of treatment for those who are drug- or alcohol-dependent.
- Length of detox is typically 5–7 days.
- Patients are supported by trained medical staff around the clock.
- Patients live at the facility and receive treatment on a structured daily schedule.
- Optimal for patients with co-occurring mental health disorders or severe addictions.
- Medical and clinical staff are available to assist patients 24/7.
- Options range from a more intensive partial hospitalization program (PHP) to a less intensive outpatient program (IOP).
- Patients attend therapy and group support sessions on a set schedule.
- Patients are not required to live at the facility.
- We also offer addiction treatment services via telehealth.
- Helps patients maintain long-term sobriety and avoid relapse through continued support.
To learn more about our programs and treatment admissions process, call us at today.
Choosing a Drug & Alcohol Rehab Near Tampa
Choosing a rehab in or near Tampa, Florida, can be challenging and overwhelming. Here are some factors to consider during the process:1
- Accreditation. Make sure the treatment facility is fully licensed and accredited.
- Treatments and therapies. Quality programs use a variety of evidence-based addiction treatments and therapies, meaning they are scientifically proven to be effective.
- Specialized addiction programs. You may also want to look for a specialized program geared toward your personal needs, such as tracks for specific genders, religions, professions, ethnicities, and more. For example, at Recovery First, we offer addiction treatment programs designed for Veterans and first responders and a rehab program for healthcare professionals.
- Medication. Depending on the type and severity of your addiction, you may also want to find a Tampa rehab that provides certain medications (as needed).
- Family. Family members play an important role in the recovery process. Look for a treatment center that involves patient families and provides support on helping a family member with addiction.
How to Get to Recovery First From Tampa
Removing yourself from your regular environment and potential triggers can help jumpstart the recovery process. Sometimes this means choosing a treatment center a little farther away from home.
Recovery First Treatment Center is a proven addiction treatment provider in the region. Our inpatient rehab near Miami is located in Hollywood, Florida, about a 4-hour drive from Tampa.
There are also quick, nonstop flights from Tampa International Airport (TPA) to Miami International Airport (MIA).
Paying for Substance Abuse Programs
At Recovery First, we understand that the cost of drug and alcohol rehab is one of the most common reasons people don’t get the help they need. That’s why we strive to make addiction treatment as affordable and accessible as possible.
To learn more about using insurance to pay for rehab or other ways to pay for rehab, call us at . Our admissions navigators are available around the clock to discuss your payment options and answer any questions you may have.
You can also find out more about your specific insurance coverage by filling out this quick and confidential .
Addiction Self-Assessment Quiz
Local Drug & Alcohol Use Stats in Tampa, FL
Consider the following local addiction statistics for Tampa, Florida:
- In 2021, there were more than 107,000 fatal overdoses reported in the U.S. An estimated 8% (or 8,257) of those deaths occurred in Florida.2,3
- Drug intoxication is the leading cause of violent or “accidental” deaths in the state and in Hillsborough County, which is home to Tampa.3
- In 2021, Hillsborough County ranked 11th out of 25 districts in Florida for its rate of fatal overdoses. Volusia County, home to Daytona Beach, ranked number 1, with the highest rate of fatal overdoses in the state.3
- Across Florida, the substances most frequently involved in deaths were fentanyl, alcohol, and benzodiazepines (e.g., Xanax, Klonopin, Valium).4
- From January 2021–June 2021, medical examiners found fentanyl in 206 overdose cases in Tampa. Fentanyl was determined to be the cause of death in 96% of those cases.4
- Across Florida, deaths involving methamphetamine or “meth” increased by 40% in the first half of 2021.4
- In Tampa, meth was involved in 85 deaths in the first half of 2021. Multiple drugs or substances were found in over 90% of those cases.4
- The state has also seen a sharp rise in the presence of fentanyl analogs and in fatal overdose cases.4
- Southeast Florida Rehab Guide
- Narcan for Opioid Overdose in Florida
- Outpatient Treatment in Florida
- Addiction Resources for Veterans
- How to Use Health Insurance for Rehab in Southern FL
American Addiction Centers (AAC) is committed to delivering original, truthful, accurate, unbiased, and medically current information. We strive to create content that is clear, concise, and easy to understand.
While we are unable to respond to your feedback directly, we'll use this information to improve our online help.